*The purchaser is responsible for all import duties, customs and taxes levied by the country your order is being shipped to.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q. If I purchase a piece of art, what other costs can I expect to have to pay?
In addition to the cost of the artwork there is a shipping charge. If you are located in Canada, we will need to charge you tax as well.
Q. I purchased a painting on your web site. What happens next?
- You should receive a confirmation email from firstname.lastname@example.org. Check your spam folder, if you did not receive it.
- If necessary, a final coat of varnish will be applied to the painting prior to shipping. After it is set, your painting will be carefully packed for shipping. This can take 7-10 working days depending on the size of the painting and if it will be shipped stretched or rolled. This information will be communicated to you via email shortly after purchase.
- I'll let you know once your piece is shipped, along with the tracking number so that you can track it yourself on-line.
- Delivery. Please make sure that someone is home to sign for it. If this is impossible, then please contact the courier directly, to make alternate arrangements.
Q. How will my painting be packaged?
Paintings with sides that are less than 40" in length will be wrapped in bubble wrap and packed in a commercial cardboard box. Paintings with at least one side 40" or larger are normally removed from their stretcher bars and rolled up in a tube. You will need to have the canvas re-stretched when you receive it. If you have purchased a painting that needs to be stretched and you would like it shipped directly to a framer, please contact me using the contact form to make the arrangements. If you prefer to have a large painting shipped on stretcher bars, we will need to ship it in a wood crate, which will increase the shipping costs significantly.
Q. Is there a fee for packaging?
I offer free packaging on all paintings which are less than 40" in length. There will be an additional fee for larger works which require crating.
Q. How do you ship paintings?
I usually ship paintings by commercial courier, but sometimes, if local (Ottawa, ON), I can deliver artworks in person.
Q. How long will it take for my painting to be delivered?
Your painting will be packaged within 7 - 10 working days of payment. Once deposited with the shipping company, the time that it takes for the delivery varies, depending on the area to which the package is travelling. Shipping costs are based on the type of service you choose at check-out.
Q. How much is shipping, and who pays for it?
The cost of shipping is included in the "handling" area of your order form, and therefore included in your final bill. There is also an international shipping fee for paintings being shipped outside of Canada. We determine the cost of shipping based on the least expensive option, usually ground transport. If you would like to arrange and pay for a more expedited shipping option, please contact me any using this form.
Q. How will I know when to expect my artwork?
When we make shipping arrangements with the courier, we arrange for you to receive emails informing you of your package's travel status. Upon delivery to the courier, we contact you to let you know that the process has started and to provide you with the tracking number. A signature is required upon receipt of your package, so please make sure someone is there upon delivery. If you are unable to have someone present at the time of delivery, please contact the courier to make alternate arrangements.
Q. What information do you need from me, to ship my artwork?
We will need a delivery address. This cannot be a post office box as a signature is required upon delivery. They also require a contact telephone number and an email address so that the courier company can contact you with delivery information.
Q. What is your return policy?
If you’ve changed your mind about the work of art you purchased, you may return the piece under the following conditions:
- you have seven (7) days from reception to advise Sara in writing that you would like to return the artwork.
- the artwork must be returned in its original packaging and in the same condition as when it was shipped. It is important, therefore, to take care when both unpacking and repacking your artwork.
- you are responsible for the shipping costs associated with returning art work. Sara asks that a tracking number be provided after delivery to the shipping company
- once the artwork has been received by Sara, the full amount will be reimbursed.
Q. What if I decide that I would like to return my artwork, but the 7 day window has passed?
If you decide after the 7-day return window has passed, Sara will consider the artwork to be a rental. Collectors will follow the return policy above and I will reimburse the collector the full amount minus a 4% rental fee for each month following the date of reception.